Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • Adam Ruins Everything

    亞當搞破壞

  • Hey, Vanessa! 35k a year! Not bad!

    嘿!Vanessa!年薪三萬五,不賴嘛!

  • Megan? Woo, 70k, good going!

    Megan,年薪七萬,前景看好!

  • Bob, six figures, very impressive!

    Bob,哇!六位數了!氣宇非凡呀!

  • And Charles! $6... dollars? You only make $6 a year?

    Charles,六... 美元?你年薪六美元?

  • Asking for a raise is mean...

    要求加薪難以啟齒啊...

  • Stop this tight now, Adam! You can't discuss salaries openly like this!

    亞當!別再胡作非為!薪資不是給你這樣公開討論的!

  • Why not?

    為什麼不行?

  • Because it's... illegal.

    因為這麼做是... 違法的!

  • No. It definitely isn't.

    才不呢,這完全合法。

  • The right to show your salary is protected by the National Labor Relations Act.

    公開自己薪資的權利是受到全國勞資關係法所保護的。

  • Employees have the right to engage in... urgh, man this comic is boring.

    員工有權利... 喔!這漫畫也太無聊了吧!

  • You get the idea.

    這樣你差不多有個概念了吧?

  • And being public with your salary actually benefits you.

    而公開自己的薪資其實好處多多。

  • So, without further a do...

    所以,話不多說...

  • No! I mean, even if it's legal, it makes me really uncomfortable.

    不要!即使這不違法,我也不太想談論這話題。

  • Exactly. Americans have an enormous taboo against talking about money.

    正是如此。「金錢」彷彿是美國人的禁忌話題。

  • Most people would rather discuss about their sex lives than their salaries.

    大家甚至寧願分享自己的性生活,也絲毫不願意聊到薪資。

  • It's the only way, that's why I enjoy fingers during intercourse.

    所以啊!我喜歡用手指增加性趣。

  • Aww, fascinating.

    哇,引人入勝!

  • Say, how much money do you make?

    所以你薪水多少啊?

  • (slap) How dare you!

    (呼巴掌)關你屁事 !

  • Ah... Oh god!

    啊!我的天啊!

  • But all that taboo does, is take power away from the employee, and give it to the company.

    但你越是避談它,就越是把自己的權力往外推,最終任憑公司擺佈。

  • But if people know how much money I make, they'll resent me!

    但如果大家知道我薪水多少的話,我一定會被討厭!

  • I mean, they'll know that I'm filthy, stinky... middle class!

    我的意思是,這樣大家就會知道我只是個平庸的中產階級。

  • No they won't. They'll resent the company!

    不,才不會!大家討厭的對象會是公司!

  • Look, here's what you think will happen if you share your salary.

    你可能以為薪水公開的話,會是如此:

  • I make 85k a year.

    我年薪八萬五美元。

  • You dickhead.

    你這個混蛋。

  • You should make less money!

    你憑什麼賺這麼多!

  • And here's what would actually happen.

    但實際情況會是如此:

  • I make $85k a year.

    我年薪八萬五美元。

  • You dickhead. I should make more money.

    你這混蛋,我的薪水也太少了吧!

  • Bosses like Benny love it when you keep your salary a secret.

    Benny 這種老闆最欣賞保密薪水的員工了。

  • Because it tilts paying negotiations in their favor.

    因為這樣,老闆們在薪資談判時會佔上風。

  • It's a concept called information asymmetry.

    這便是「資訊不平等」的概念。

  • If you don't know what the going rate is for your salary, it's easier for the company to rip you off.

    若你不知道自己的行情多少,公司想剝削你簡直易如反掌。

  • I can only offer you $100 a day.

    我只能給你 100 美元日薪。

  • I guess that's what everyone here makes.

    我猜大家的薪水應該差不多就是如此吧。

  • And this perpetuates the pay gap.

    然後大家就會永遠陷在薪資不平等的惡性循環裡。

  • For instance, African American women makes 64 cents for every dollar the average white guy makes.

    例如:白種男人每賺一元美金,非裔美國女人只能賺 64 分。

  • I can only offer you $64 dollars a day.

    我只能給到你 64 美元的日薪。

  • I guess that's what everybody here makes.

    我猜大家的薪水應該差不多就是如此吧。

  • The bottom line is, if you don't have all the information, you can get scammed, big time!

    結果就是,當你的資訊不對等,你很有可能因此被騙,且無限上綱。

  • We can only offer you $6 dollars a year.

    你的年薪只能領六美元。

  • I guess that's what everyone here makes...? Ha...

    我猜大家的薪水應該差不多就是如此吧...?呵...

  • Buddy, how do you survive?

    老兄啊,你怎麼存活的?

  • I live here...

    我以辦公室為家。

  • Discussing your salary with your co-workers is your right as an employee.

    作為員工,你絕對有權利和同事談論薪水!

  • When you let these guys stop you from doing it, you push your own wages down.

    若你因這些人而不談論的話,等於是變相降低自己的薪資。

  • Which means you're spending more years of your life slaving away in a job that doesn't pay you what you're really worth.

    也就是說你花了大半人生為這份工作賣命,卻得不到應有的報酬。

  • You're right!

    你說得沒錯!

  • All of this is a waste of time.

    這根本在浪費時間!

  • Hahahaha, you're saying all of these people are wasted, and it's not even 5 o'clock.

    哈哈哈哈,你在說什麼!又還沒五點怎麼會浪費時間呢。

  • That's a joke.

    開個玩笑。

  • Stop trying to lighten the mood with your fantastic boss humor.

    少在那邊用老闆式幽默自以為化解尷尬。

  • This is all your fault.

    你是罪魁禍首!

  • My name is Shanan Monroe, and I make $30k a year.

    我是 Shanan Monroe,年薪三萬美元。

  • My name is Becca Neeson, and I make 40k a year.

    我叫 Becca Neeson,年薪四萬美元。

  • My name is Charles Wicked, I make $6 a year, and I demand a raise!

    我是 Charles Wicked,每年領六美元,我要求加薪!

  • ... please?

    拜託了...

  • I want a raise too!

    我也要加薪!

  • Revolution!

    我們要革命!

  • - More Money! More Money! More Money! - Yes!

    - 加薪!加薪!加薪!- 這就對了!

  • Yes! Share your salaries with the world!

    就是這樣!告訴全世界你的薪資!

  • Negotiate! For better wages!

    為更高的薪資搏鬥、談判!

  • You can achieve informational symmetry!

    追求資訊對等!

  • For knowledge is power!

    因為知識就是力量!

  • Stop right there.

    住嘴!

  • Everybody loved me.

    我曾備受愛戴。

  • I was a good boss.

    我曾是個受歡迎的老闆。

  • And you destroyed everything, Adam.

    Adam,是你毀了這一切!

  • Now you pay.

    你得為你的行為付出代價!

  • Don't do it, Benny. I bruise easily.

    拜託別這樣!Benny!我很容易瘀青的!

Adam Ruins Everything

亞當搞破壞

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋