Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • You know, I'm really shocked to see that some people in Taiwan would use this type of language to attack the leader of the W.H.O.

    我真的很驚訝看到有一些台灣人會用這種言語來攻擊 WHO 的秘書長。

  • Not because of how he has handled the COVID-19 virus, but also because of his race.

    不只是因為他處理新冠肺炎的方式,甚至針對他的種族背景。

  • Yeah, I'm kind of shocked with it, too.

    是啊,我也對這件事感到滿訝異的。

  • Because we've never really experienced anything like that.

    因為我們也沒有經歷過這類事情。

  • But we'd be fools not to believe that people don't use that type of language.

    不過,如果我們不相信有人會使用這種言語的話,那就是太傻了。

  • Because, you know, I've been out, been around friends and they've used the derogatory language.

    因為有時候我跟朋友出去,他們也會用一些貶損的字眼來開玩笑。

  • It kind of hurt me inside.

    有時候真的會傷到我的心。

  • I know they don't mean it.

    不過我知道他們不是有意的。

  • But of course, he wouldn't know and I'm sure he was affected by it in some way.

    當然譚德塞並不知道,所以我想他內心多少會受到這些言論的影響。

  • You know, actually, Taiwanese people are really compassionate, caring, and loving people.

    事實上,台灣人都非常有同理心和愛心,以及會照顧別人的。

  • And I think that that's something that we can share with the whole world and I think people can learn about.

    我想這些特質是我們可以分享出去給全世界知道,可以讓大家學習。

  • Yeah, that's a part of the reason why I fell in love with this country and decided to give up my citizenship is because of how caring and passionate they were and the safety that comes about from it.

    對!這也是我愛台灣的其中一個原因,並因此放棄我原本的國籍。因為這裡的人很熱情、有愛心,而且台灣非常安全。

  • So this a learning experience for all of us, especially, you know, when debating and rebuttal comes into play.

    這些是值得我們學習的經驗,尤其是在面對互相爭論辯駁的情況下。

  • Don't give them excuse to get distracted from what the issue isand the issue is the virus.

    不要讓他們有藉口模糊焦點,而現在的重點是新冠狀病毒。

  • When you start using the derogatory slurs, attacking his race or attacking the color of his skin, then now the issue is about racism and not about the virus.

    當你一旦開始使用帶貶損的字眼辱罵,攻擊他的種族或膚色,就會把焦點轉移到種族歧視,而不是病毒了。

  • It's really a bad thing.

    這不是件好事。

  • But we can definitely learn from this as a people.

    但我們絕對會透過這次經驗從中學習到東西。

  • Now that we got that over, we need to let Mr. Tedros Adhanom know about himself.

    接下來我們不談歧視,我們需要先讓譚德塞先生了解自己。

  • Listen, you are the leader of the W.H.O., the World Health Organization!

    注意聽好!您作為 WHO 的秘書長,也就是「世界衛生組織」!

  • You have more things to be worried about.

    您眼前有比這更重要的事情需要處理。

  • You can't be over here crying and worried about what somebody in Taiwan said about you and how they made you feel bad.

    您沒有空在那邊討拍或是煩惱某些台灣人的言論怎麼讓你難受。

  • Pull yourself together!

    請振作起來!

  • This is about the COVID-19 virus and how serious this is.

    現在該面對的是新冠狀病毒問題以及它的嚴重性。

  • Right, yeah.

    沒有錯!

  • I mean, you're worried about, you know, what's being said by some, you know, trolls on the Internet who's [who are] using racial slurs.

    你在擔心網路上發佈種族歧視的惡意言論。

  • At the end of the day, if you're in charge of one of these... [the] largest health crisis that me and... you have in our lifetimes, then how could you really fight this thing?

    可最終你是要負責處理我們此生以來最大的一場健康危機,請問您怎麼能專心對抗這次疫情呢?

  • And, you know, don't use it as an escape, a distraction and don't play games with the world and especially not with Taiwan.

    而且不要以這些作為逃避的藉口,也不要再與全世界玩什麼把戲。

  • You know, the first time you mentioned us [Taiwan] is dealing with, you know, racial slurs.

    您第一次公開提及我們,卻只想表示受到種族歧視。

  • Admit that you're dropping the ball right now.

    現在請承認您的失誤吧!

  • We called you out on it and do something about it.

    我們指名您,並且作出相關補救。

  • We're really handling this thing well.

    台灣在防疫工作上的確相當成功。

  • -Is that right? -Right!

    -是吧? -是的!

  • And if you really want to learn something, come to Taiwan and learn how we've handled this situation.

    如果您真的想學習防疫措施的話,歡迎來台灣看看是怎麼處理這次的疫情。

  • Look how well we're doing.

    來看看我們做得多好。

  • If you really want to learn something, come here and learn from us.

    真的想要學習的話,不妨親自到訪向我們學習。

  • Learn from the policies that we are enacting here and trying to help our island, our country, become a better place.

    學習我們政府實施的防疫政策,然後來幫助我們這座小島,這個國家變得更好。

  • That's what you really need to do.

    這才是您該做的事。

  • Absolutely!

    沒錯!

You know, I'm really shocked to see that some people in Taiwan would use this type of language to attack the leader of the W.H.O.

我真的很驚訝看到有一些台灣人會用這種言語來攻擊 WHO 的秘書長。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋