Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • If I get through this speech today, it would be the first time I actually finished something here at Harvard.

    如果我今天可以完成這個演講,這將是我在哈佛真正完成的第一件事

  • How many of you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you got that email telling you that you got into Harvard.

    當你們收到那封哈佛的錄取通知信,你們有多少人還記得你們人在哪裡、正在做什麼

  • I was playing the video game, Civilization, and I ran downstairs and got my dad and for some reason, his first reaction was to video me opening the email.

    我當時正在玩文明帝國,然後我衝下樓梯跟我爸講,不知道什麼原因,他的第一個反應是要錄我打開信的反應

  • That could have been a really really sad video!

    那可能會是個很悲傷的影片!

  • But I swear, getting into Harvard is the thing my parents are most proud of me for.

    但我發誓,能錄取哈佛是我父母對我最驕傲的事

  • I was running late for class, so I throw on a T-shirt.

    我上課要遲到了所以隨便套上了件 T 恤

  • And I didn't realize until afterwards that I put it on inside-out and backwards and my tag was sticking out in the front.

    我到後來才發現我把衣服穿顛倒而且反面穿,我衣服的標籤在我胸前掛著

  • I couldn't figure out why no one in class would talk to me.

    我搞不懂怎麼沒有人想跟我講話

  • Except for this one guy, KX Jin, he just went with it.

    除了這位 KX Jin,他直接無視並接受了

  • We start doing our problem sets together and now he runs a big part of Facebook.

    我們開始一起做功課,現在他負責營運 FB 很大的一部分

  • And that, class of 2017, is why you should be nice to people.

    2017 的畢業生,這就是為什麼你應該要對人友善

  • As luck would have it, Priscilla was at that party with her friends and we met in line for the bathroom in the phoho belltower.

    幸運如我,Priscilla (FB創辦人老婆) 當時跟她朋友參加派對,我們在哈佛的 PfoHo 宿舍排隊等廁所時相遇

  • And in what must be one of the all time most romantic lines I turned to her and said I'm getting kicked out in three days, so we need to go on a date quickly.

    我用了一句一定是史上最浪漫的開場白,我轉向她並說:「我三天後就會被退學了所以我們必須盡快約個會」

  • Actually, any of you graduating today can use that line.

    事實上,你們每一位畢業生都可以用這句開場白

  • But I'm not here to give you the standard commencement about finding your purpose.

    我今天來,不是要講些關於「找到人生的目標」的老梗演說

  • We're millennials!

    我們是千禧年世代!

  • We try to do that instinctively.

    我們靠直覺來找到我們的目標

  • Instead, I'm here to tell you, that finding your purpose isn't enough.

    我今天來是想跟你們講,光是找到你自己的目標是不夠的

  • The challenge for our generation is to create a world where everyone has a sense of purpose.

    我們這個世代的挑戰是要創造一個世界,讓所有人都能夠找到生活的意義

  • I remember that night I launched Facebook from that little dorm in Kirkland house.

    我記得 FB 第一次上線的那一天,在那個小小的 Kirkland 宿舍

  • I went to Noch's with my friend, KX.

    我跟我朋友 KX 跑去 Noch's 吃飯

  • And I remember telling him clearly that I was excited to help connect the Harvard community but one day someone would connect the whole world.

    我清楚地記得我跟他講,我對於能聯繫整個哈佛社群感到很興奮,但有一天「某人」會把整個世界都連結起來

  • The thing is, it never even occurred to me that that someone might be us.

    有趣的是,我從來沒想過我們可能就是那個「某人」

  • And I know that a lot of you are gonna have your own stories just like this.

    我知道你們之中有很多人將體驗類似的故事

  • A change in the world that seems so clear that you're sure someone else is going to do it.

    一個你很清楚明白將會發生在世界的改變,你很確定某個人將會去做出這個改變

  • But they're not.

    但他不會

  • You will.

    因為你會

  • A couple years in, some big companies wanted to buy us.

    兩三年後某家大公司想要把我們買下

  • I didn't want to sell.

    我不想賣

  • I wanted to see if we can connect more people.

    我想看看我們能不能連結起更多的人

  • Nearly everyone else wanted to sell.

    但幾乎其他所有人都想要賣

  • Without a sense of higher purpose, this was their startup dream come true.

    沒有了更遠大的目標,他們的創業夢成真了

  • And it tore our company apart.

    而這使得我們公司四分五裂

  • After one particularly tense argument, one of my close advisers told me if I didn't agree to sell the company right now, I would regret that decision for the rest of my life.

    經過一場特別激烈的爭執,一個與我親近的顧問跟我說,如果我現在不同意把公司賣掉,我一輩子都會後悔做這個決定

  • Relationships were so frayed that within a year or so, every single person on our management team was gone.

    我們之間的關係變得脆弱,在一年內每個管理階層的人都離開了

  • That was my hardest time leading Facebook.

    那是我帶領 FB 最艱辛的一段時光

  • Movies and pop culture just get this all wrong.

    電影跟流行文化都錯了

  • The idea of a single eureka moment is a dangerous lie.

    單單倚靠一個靈光乍現的瞬間是個危險謊言

  • It makes us feel inadequate, because we feel like we haven't had ours yet.

    這讓我們總是感到不足,覺得我們還沒找到自己的那一個瞬間

  • And it prevents people with seeds of good ideas from ever getting started in the first place.

    這將妨礙那些有著好點子的人們根本就不敢開始有所進展

  • Oh, and you know what else movies get wrong about innovation?

    你知道電影中對於創新還有什麼錯誤嗎?

  • No one writes math formulas on glass.

    沒有人會在玻璃板上寫數學式子的

  • OK?

    OK?

  • Alright?

    好嗎?

  • That's not a thing. OK?

    沒有人這樣做,好嗎?

  • In our society, we often don't take on big things because we're so afraid of making mistakes that we ignore all the things wrong today if we do nothing.

    我們的社會中,我們常常不想去挑戰一件大事因為我們太害怕錯誤了,我們選擇忽略那些不對的事,什麼事都不去做

  • The reality is, anything we do today, is going to have some issues in the future.

    但現實是,所有我們今天所做的事都將對未來產生影響

  • But that can't stop us from getting started.

    但我們不能讓它阻止我們開始

  • An entrepreneurial culture thrives when it is easy to try lots of new ideas.

    創業文化將在可以輕易嘗試很多新點子的環境中蓬勃發展

  • Facebook wasn't the first thing I built, I also built chat systems, and games, study tools, and music players, and I'm not alone.

    FB 並不是我第一個打造的作品,我做過聊天系統、遊戲、學習輔助工具、音樂播放器,而且不是只有我這樣

  • J.K. Rowling got rejected 12 times before she finally wrote and published Harry Potter.

    J.K. 羅琳被拒絕了 12 次後才終於完成並出版哈利波特

  • Even Beyonce had to make hundreds of songs to get Halo.

    就連碧昂絲也要完成數百首歌曲才能做出 Halo

  • The greatest successes come from having the freedom to fail.

    最偉大的成就來自擁有失敗的自由

  • We all know you don't get successful just by having a good idea or working hard.

    我們都知道要成功,只有好點子跟努力工作是不夠的

  • We get successful by being lucky, too.

    成功也需要運氣的

  • If I had to support my family growing up instead of having the time learning how to code;

    如果我成長過程中需要幫忙維持家計而不是有時間學習如何寫程式

  • If I didn't know that I was gonna be fine, if Facebook didn't work out, then I wouldn't be standing up here today.

    如果我不確定就算 FB 失敗了我也能安然無恙,那我今天就不會站在這裡了

  • And if we're honest, we all know how much luck we've had to get to this point in our lives.

    如果我們捫心自問,我們都知道我們是多麼的幸運才能在我們的生命中達到現在的成就

  • The forces of freedom, openness, and global community against the forces of authoritarianism, isolationism, and nationalism.

    自由、開放、全球化社群的力量對上專制主義、孤立主義、民族主義

  • Forces for the flow of knowledge, trade, and immigration against those who would slow them down.

    支持知識、貿易、移民的自由的呼聲對上那些想減緩它們的人們

  • This is not a battle of nations, this is a battle of ideas.

    這不是國家間的戰爭,這是思想上的對抗

  • There are people in every country for more global connection and there are good people against it.

    每個國家中都有人支持更多的國際化接觸,也有反對者

  • Even global change starts small with people like us.

    就連全球性的改變,也是由你我從小地方開始的

  • In our generation, the struggle of whether we connect more, whether we achieve our greatest opportunities, comes down to thisyour ability to built communities and create a world where every single person has a sense of purpose.

    在我們這個世代掙扎著是否要更多的連結、是否有充分發揮我們的潛力,都取決於 — 你建立社群的能力與創造一個所有人都對人生有使命感的世界

  • (Applause)

    (鼓掌)

If I get through this speech today, it would be the first time I actually finished something here at Harvard.

如果我今天可以完成這個演講,這將是我在哈佛真正完成的第一件事

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋