Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • The fact that your personality can be affected by being the oldest sibling, middle child, youngest sibling, or an only child has been studied for years.

    在家中排行老大、中間、或是老么、獨子是否會影響一個人的性格已有多年的研究歷史。

  • Thousands of these psychological studies have been done over many years and recent meta-analysis has come up with some recurring themes and ideas.

    數以千計的心理學研究早已累積多年。而最近整合分析也反覆出現這個主題相關的研究

  • So we're gonna talk to you about them today.

    我們今天就是要來和你們聊聊這個主題。

  • And we're gonna discuss whether birth order can affect your personality.

    我們將要來討論,家中排行是否會影響性格。

  • Well, whawhat are you?

    所以,你排行第幾?

  • I'm the youngest child.

    我是最小的。

  • And I'm the middle child.

    而我排在中間。

  • First-borns were seen to possess more of these types of qualities.

    老大被認為有以下這幾種特質。

  • One, higher academic achievements and ambition.

    第一:比較會讀書並且有企圖心。

  • Hi, sir. 92 percent?

    嗨兒子,只答對 92%?

  • How the H-E-double hockey sticks (hell) am I supposed to become prime minister with this?

    這樣我怎麼可能選上總理?

  • Two, a stronger sense of responsibility and maturity.

    第二:責任感較強,比較成熟。

  • Oh, where's my wallet?

    我的錢包咧?

  • - You know how I never lose my wallet? - I know you're so responsible and mature.

    - 你知道我是從來不會忘記帶錢包的!- 我知道你很有責任感而且很成熟。

  • We all get it!

    我們都知道啦!

  • And number three, better leadership skills than other birth orders.

    再來第三,比他們弟弟妹妹有更好的領導能力。

  • First-born children tend to get a lot more attention and affection from their parents because, I mean, it's their first kid, why not?

    父母親通常會花很多心思在第一個孩子身上,並給予許多關愛,因為...這畢竟這是他們第一個孩子。何不呢?

  • But, at the same time, there is also way higher expectations for them than their following siblings.

    但同時,他們也會對老大有更高的期待。

  • The theory behind this is that it's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    這個理論的背後是一個叫做自我應驗預言。

  • If there is higher expectations placed on you, then you're more likely to work harder and want to live up to those expectations.

    當有人對你有比較高的期待時,就有可能促使你更認真,讓你達到他們的期望。

  • Similarly, if someone thinks you're supposed to be the responsible one, you're more likely to take on that role.

    同樣的,當有人覺得你應該要擔起責任時,你就更有可能會接下這份任務。

  • Middle-born children were seen to express more of these types of qualities.

    排行中間的孩子被認為會展現以下特質。

  • One, cooperative.

    第一:聽話。

  • Mitchell, put that down.

    Mitchell,把它放下來。

  • Sorry.

    抱歉。

  • Two, flexible and sociable.

    第二:做人圓融,善交際。

  • Don't, man, don't worry about it; it's not a problem at all.

    不是這樣的,別擔心。這完全不是問題。

  • You know, dirt off my shoulder, there's no "i" in "team", I got your back, I'm your bro for life!

    你也知道,我不會在意這些事情啦,團體是不講個人利益的。放心我罩你,你是我永遠的兄弟!

  • Three, able to make and maintain friendships easily.

    第三:很容易結交朋友或並且維持友誼。

  • You're my best friend.

    你是我最好的朋友。

  • You've been with me through thick and thin, and I appreciate everything you've done for me.

    你陪伴我經歷人生的美好與痛苦,感謝你為我做的一切。

  • Being the proverbial monkey in the middle, these children don't have the high expectations of the first-born child nor the leniency of the last-born child.

    身為俗話說「夾在中間的人」。比起老大,這些孩子沒有來自父母高度的期待,但也得不到老么專屬的溺愛。

  • As a result, they tend to be less ambitious and competitive than their predecessors and have a more relaxed attitude towards life.

    所以,他們的企圖心跟好勝心會比哥哥姊姊少。有比較輕鬆的人生態度。

  • The middle child is often a social butterfly.

    排行中間的小孩通常都是社交好手。

  • Because they receive less attention than their other siblings, they seek out more relationships and friendships outside of their family.

    因為他們在家中得到的關注較少,所以他們會去追求家庭之外的友誼關係。

  • The last-born child or the youngest of the group tends to have these traits.

    最後一個出生的孩子,也就是老么,通常會有以下特徵。

  • One, they're charming and likable.

    第一:他們很受人喜愛。

  • How many Instagram followers do you have?

    有多少人在 Instagram 上追蹤你啊?

  • I have, like, 250.

    我大概有 250 個。

  • I have 28.3 million; I just passed Kim K, and I actually broke Snapchat with my widdle baby selfie.

    我有兩千八百三十萬個人追蹤,追蹤數還超越 Kim K (藝人)。然後我之前拍的蹲馬桶自拍照讓整個 Snapschat 癱瘓了。

  • Two, they're possibly more creative than their older siblings.

    第二:他們很有可能比自己的手足更有創意。

  • What [are] you doing?

    你在做什麼?

  • I don't know, it's not very good, just doodling.

    不知道欸,沒幹嘛,只是在亂畫而已。

  • You drew that?

    這是你畫的?

  • Three, they have a strong sense of security and confidence.

    第三:他們很有安全感跟自信。

  • c-o-n-f-i-d-e-n-t, that's me.

    自信。就是我。

  • I'm confident.

    我很有自信。

  • I wanna see you be brave.

    我要看見勇敢的你。

  • I might be too strung out on compliments.

    我可能讚美聽成癮了。

  • Overdosed on confidence.

    變得太有自信囉。

  • And number four, they're generally less responsible and mature than older siblings.

    還有第四:相較於自己的哥哥姊姊,他們通常比較沒有責任感也比較不成熟。

  • I forgot my phone, wallet, keys, and your shoes.

    我忘記帶我的手機、錢包、鑰匙跟你的鞋子了。

  • Oh, my God, what?

    天啊!什麼?

  • This is often a case of "been there, done that".

    原因通常就是因為父母養育子女已經不是第一次了。

  • As the parents have already had a bunch of kids, so their leniency is a lot higher and their expectations are much lower.

    這些父母已經有了一堆小孩,所以他們的包容力越來越高,對小孩的期望則越來越低。

  • However, being younger in the birth order often leads to a different sense of responsibility and often feeling like others will take the lead.

    然而身為最小的孩子要承擔的是另一種責任。他們會覺得自己總是要讓其他人來做主。

  • Lone children are seen to have more of these traits.

    獨生子被認為有以下特質。

  • Academically able, creative, and resourceful.

    書讀得不差、有創意、遇到問題總有辦法解決。

  • Well, actually, according to my research, the correct answer is...

    事實上根據我的研究,正確答案是...

  • Actually, it's a lot deeper than that.

    其實這不像表面上簡單。

  • You see, the informa

    你看,這個資料...

  • You can have that opinion, but the honest truth is that you're just not really understanding what's going on.

    你要這樣想也可以,但真相在於你根本不了解現在正在發生什麼事。

  • Mature and responsible.

    成熟跟負責任。

  • Good thing I remembered your keys, phone, wallet, and my shoes.

    我有記得帶你的鑰匙、手機、錢包和我的鞋子。

  • But they also tend to hate disorder and like to be in control.

    但他們很有可能痛恨毫無秩序的局面,一切都必須在掌握之中。

  • - Ooh, can I see? - Hey, cut it out! It's my phone, not yours.

    - 我可以看看嗎? - 欸,不要鬧啦,這是我的手機欸,又不是你的。

  • Hey, there, bud, do you want a beer?

    嘿老兄,要來點啤酒嗎?

  • Oh, actually, I don't drink. Thanks .

    不了,其實我不喝酒,謝謝。

  • Wanna try putting on make-up for the first time?

    要不要嘗試一下化妝啊?

  • I've never done that before; I don't want to.

    我從來沒有化過妝。我才不要。

  • Being an only child, the expectations are always high.

    身為獨子,父母的期望一向都很高。

  • But unlike the first-born, you never need to fight for your parents' attention.

    但不像第一個出生的孩子,你從來都不必爭取父母的關愛。

  • As a result, there's more potential to thrive in every sense of the word because your parents' attention is undivided.

    所以說,會更有發展和出人頭地的潛力,因為你們父母的注意力不會被分散。

  • And growing up in a household of only adults would lead the child to emulate the specific actions of the parents.

    然後在一個都是大人的環境下長大的孩子,就會模仿他們父母的某些行為。

  • Leading to more responsibility and maturity and also a very structured environment.

    如此一來,這些孩子更有責任感更成熟,而且會在一個很有架構的環境下成長。

  • Seeing as they have never had to compromise with their siblings and deal with the fact that there's always a lot of chaos in life,

    你會看到這樣的孩子從沒有跟兄弟姊妹爭吵妥協的機會,他們的成長過程不會面臨到許多困難。

  • they sometimes have trouble relating to their peers and also feel very out of control when things in their life don't go their way.

    所以他們常常會不知道怎麼跟同儕相處,當事情不如意時他們會抓狂。

  • Now, of course, this is all super interesting, but there are a lot of extraneous variables from gender to socioeconomic status to age gap between siblings and how many siblings there are.

    以上的內容都非常的有趣。但事實上還有許多外在變數,例如性別、社經地位、手足間年齡差距或是有多少個兄弟姊妹。

  • But these are just some of the theories out there and it'll be interesting to see how they pertain to you. Do they?

    但這就只是眾多理論中的一小部分,如果這些理論能從你身上得到驗證那也還蠻有趣的。你覺得準嗎?

  • The theories do kind of pertain to me.

    我自己是覺得滿準的。

  • I'm very irresponsible and way less mature than my older sister.

    我非常的不負責任,然後比我姊幼稚很多。

  • Um, I guess I am more creative and definitely more, like, outgoing than her.

    我覺得我比較有創意,而且很明顯地我比較外向。

  • So, that's sort of, uh, youngest child, sort of does relate to me in some sense.

    所以這就是所謂的老么...從某種意義上來看,我蠻有同感。

  • And I'd say, for me, I said I'm a middle child, but I also was a youngest child for about seven years, so I feel like some of the traits match up for me.

    至於我,我是排行中間沒錯,但我還是當了七年的老么,所以我覺得我身上有些老么的特質。

  • But it might be a little confused 'cause then maybe when I had my younger brother I felt even like an older sibling or a first sibling.

    但這讓我感到有些混亂,也許是因為在我弟出生後,我甚至開始覺得自己有點像兄長或是老大。

  • I don't know what I am, I...

    我不知道我到底是什麼,我....

  • - I relate to some and not to others. Yeah. - Yeah! You're kind of a smorgasbord of all of them, so... that's kind of tough.

    - 有一些讓我感到共鳴,其它的沒有。對。 - 你真的就像一個混合體,所以說...還蠻難講的。

  • These supposed effects, though widely studied, have been mostly inconclusive in psychology.

    這些假設性的影響雖然被廣泛的研究著,但通常在心理學上仍舊得不出結論。

  • So, though some aspects may be true for you, which makes a lot of sense, it wouldn't be the same for every single person around the world in a specific birth order.

    所以雖然整體概念可能讓你覺得很有道理,但在這世界上,每一個排行一樣的人,不可能都擁有相同的性格。

  • At the end of the day, it's important to remember that your personality and your destiny in life is not predetermined at birth.

    最後,最重要的就是要記住,你的性格跟你的命運絕對不是出生那一刻就注定的!

  • Thanks for watching this week's video.

    感謝你收看本週的影片。

  • Let us know in the comments if any of these theories actually pertain to you and your birth order.

    在下面留言,讓我們知道這些理論是否跟你的人格、排行有關。

  • Make sure to subscribe, follow us both on Instagram and Twitter, and we'll see you on Saturday for the vlog.

    別忘了訂閱、在 Instagram 和 Twitter 上追蹤我們,我們在星期六的影音日誌見!

  • -Peace. - Peace!

    - 再見。 - 再見啦!

The fact that your personality can be affected by being the oldest sibling, middle child, youngest sibling, or an only child has been studied for years.

在家中排行老大、中間、或是老么、獨子是否會影響一個人的性格已有多年的研究歷史。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋