Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • I am not black.

    我不是黑人。

  • I mean, that's what the world calls me, but it's not me.

    我是說這個世界是這樣稱呼我的,但那不是我。

  • I didn't come out of my mother's womb saying, "Hey everybody. I'm black."

    我並不是從我媽媽的肚子裡出來就向大家說:「大家好,我是黑人。」

  • No, I was taught to be black, and you were taught to call me that,

    不,我是被教育成黑人,而你被教育稱我為黑人,

  • along with whatever you call yourself is just a label.

    與不論你如何稱呼自己都只是個標籤。

  • See, from birth, the world force-feeds us these labels,

    自出生以來,這個世界強迫灌輸我們這些標籤,

  • and eventually we all swallow them.

    而到最後我們也都吞下了。

  • We digest and accept the labels, never ever doubting them, but there's one problem.

    我們消化並接受這些標籤,從不懷疑它們,但有個很大的問題。

  • Labels are not you and labels are not me.

    標籤不代表你,標籤也不代表我。

  • Labels are just labels, but who we truly are is not skin-deep.

    標籤就只是標籤,但真正的我們並非如此膚淺。

  • See, when I drive my car, no one would ever confuse the car for me.

    當我開車出去時,沒有人會把車混淆成我。

  • Well when I drive my body, why did you confuse me for my body?

    但當我帶著我的身軀,為什麼你會把我混淆於我的身體?

  • It's my body. Get it? Not me.

    這是我的身體。懂嗎?不是我。

  • Let me break it down.

    讓我好好解釋一下。

  • See, our bodies are just cars that we operate and drive around.

    你看,我們的身體就好像我們所操作與駕駛的車。

  • The dealership we call society decided to label mine the "black edition".

    而這經銷商,我們稱之為社會,決定將我這台車標示為「黑人款」。

  • Yours the Irish or White edition.

    你的則是「愛爾蘭款」或「白人款」。

  • And with no money down, 0% APR, and no test drive, we were forced to own these cars for the rest of our lives.

    不用付頭期款、零利率、無試乘、我們被迫開著這些車到我們終老。

  • Forgive me, but I fail to see the logic or pride in defining myself or judging another by the cars we drive,

    原諒我,但我看不出「以車子來定義我或評斷他人」有什麼邏輯可言,又有什麼值得驕傲,

  • because who we truly are is found inside.

    因為真實的我們是從內心才看得出來的。

  • Listen, I'm not here to tell you how science has concluded that genetically we're all mixed,

    聽著,我不是來告訴你根據科學的結論人類在基因上都是混合的,

  • and race and the human species doesn't exist,

    所以種族之分並不存在,

  • or how every historian knows that race was invented in the 15th century to divide people from each other

    或每位歷史學家都知道種族這概念是在十五世紀發明出來,為了劃分你我,

  • and it has worked perfectly.

    而且真的非常有效。

  • No. I'm not here to lecture. I just want to ask one question.

    不。我不是來說教的。我只是想問一個問題。

  • Who would you be if the world never gave you a label, never gave you a box to check?

    你會想成為什麼樣的人,如果這世界從沒為你貼上標籤,從沒給你一個框框要你打勾?

  • Would you be white, black, Mexican, Asian, Native American, Middle Eastern, Indian?

    你會變成白人、黑人、墨西哥人、亞洲人、美國原住民、中東人、印度人?

  • No. We would be one. We would be together.

    都不是。我們會是一體的。我們將不分你我。

  • No longer living in the error of calling human beings black people or white people.

    不再活在這種曾經稱呼他人黑人或白人的錯誤中。

  • These labels that will forever blind us from seeing a person for who they are,

    這些標籤會遮蔽我們的雙眼,讓我們無法看到人們真實的一面,

  • but instead, seeing them through the judgmental, prejudicial, artificial filters of who we think they are.

    反而用主觀、偏見、人造的濾鏡去看我們所認為的他們。

  • And when you let an artificial label define yourself, then, my friend, you have chosen smallness over greatness and minimized yourself, confined and divided yourself from others.

    而當你讓虛假的標籤來定義你,那麼,我的朋友,你已選擇把自己封閉在很小的空間並劃地自限、侷限自己並與其他人分隔。

  • And it is an undeniable fact that where there was division, there will be conflict, and conflicts start wars.

    但不爭的事實是有分裂的地方就有衝突,而衝突引發戰爭。

  • Therefore, every war has started over labels. It's always us versus them.

    所以每場戰爭都是由標籤開始的。一直都是我們抵抗他們。

  • So the answer to war, racism, sexism and every other ism is so simple that every politician has missed it.

    所以戰爭、種族歧視、性別歧視與任何歧視的解決方法其實很間單,但所有政客都忽略了這點。

  • It's the labels. We must rip them off.

    就是標籤。我們必須撕下所有標籤。

  • Isn't it funny how no baby is born racist yet every baby cries when they hear the cries of another?

    不覺得很有趣嗎?沒有小孩天生就會種族歧視,但當他們聽到另一個小孩哭泣,他們也會跟著哭。

  • No matter the gender, culture or color, proving that deep down, we were meant to connect and care for each other.

    無論性別、文化或膚色都證明著我們內心深處希望與他人連結和互相關懷。

  • That is our mission and that is not my opinion. That is the truth.

    那是我們的使命,並不是我個人的見解。那是真理。

  • In a world that has sold us fiction, please listen, labels only distort our vision, which is why half of those watching this will dismiss it or feel resistance and conflicted,

    在這個宛如小說的世界裡,請聽我說,標籤只會扭曲我們的視野,這也是為什麼有一半在收看這部影片的人會置之不理、心理排斥或感到衝突。

  • but just remember, so did the caterpillar, before it broke through its shell and became the magnificent butterfly,

    但請記得一件事,毛毛蟲必須破繭而出才能成為那華麗的蝴蝶。

  • Well, these labels are our shells and we must do the same thing, so we can finally spread our wings.

    這些標籤就是我們的繭,我們必須突困標籤的困牢,才能展翅高飛。

  • Human beings were not meant to be slapped with labels like groceries in supermarkets.

    人類不應該被貼上有如在雜貨市場或超市一樣的標籤。

  • DNA cannot be regulated by the FDA.

    DNA 無法被 FDA (食藥署)監管。

  • We were meant to be free, and only until we remove them all, and stop living and thinking so small, will we be free.

    每個人都該自由地活著,唯有讓這些標籤全都消失且放寬你的心胸,我們才能真正自由。

  • To see ourselves and each other, for who we truly are.

    重新看見自己,看見彼此,找出真實的自我。

I am not black.

我不是黑人。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋