Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • Welcome back to CNN 10. I'm Carl Azuz.

    歡迎回到 CNN 10,我是 Carl Azuz。

  • We've been getting a lot of questions about how long we plan to be producing our show.

    很多人在問這個節目會持續到何時。

  • Our current spring season runs through Friday, May 29th.

    目前的春季節目會製作到 5/29 星期五,

  • After that we'll be off the air until Monday August 17th.

    之後會暫時停播,直到 8/17 星期一回歸。

  • If you are a student, chances are you're watching this from home.

    如果你是學生,你很有可能是在家看這個節目。

  • School buildings have been closed in all 50 American states and five American territories though many schools are still in session online.

    全美五十州與五個領地的學校都關閉了,許多學校採取線上授課的方式來繼續課程。

  • In at least 45 states, plus the District of Columbia, students won't be returning to campus at all for the rest of this academic year.

    至少有 45 州與哥倫比亞特區,這些地區的學生在這個學年都將不會回到校園。

  • That might wind up being the case across the entire country, though a few states may give schools the option of reopening before summer break.

    結果可能會是全國都變這樣,雖然某些州可能會讓學校在暑假前有機會開校。

  • Students, teachers, administrators, and parents have made sacrifices to keep the learning going.

    學生、老師、主任與家長都為了讓孩子們繼續學習而作出犧牲。

  • They've missed out on plays, presentations, proms, graduations, sports, science fairs, book fairs, all sorts of trips and competitions adding to this challenge is the summer learning loss also known as the summer setback or the summer slide.

    他們錯過了戲劇、演說、舞會、畢業典禮、運動賽事、科學展、書展等,各式各樣的旅行與比賽都取消了,便會導致嚴重的暑期學力流失,又被稱為暑期倒退或暑期滑坡。

  • It's a time when students forget some of what they've learned during the school year, and it's expected to be worse because of coronavirus shutdowns.

    這是指學生忘記了他們在這學年的所學,而新冠疫情預期將會使這個情形更加嚴重。

  • I'm worried about where they will be if they're going to be at the level they should be at when they get back into school next year.

    我很擔心學生們的狀況,當明年回到學校時,他們是否有辦法跟上該有的進度。

  • I do think though, learning loss is huge.

    但我的確認為,會出現很嚴重的學力流失狀況。

  • Parents across the nation growing increasingly anxious with school closed for months as education experts begin to warn of a possible COVID slide for student heading into summer break.

    舉國上下的家長都對學校長期關閉感到焦慮,教育專家也警告疫情與即將到來的暑假,可能會造成學生嚴重的學力流失。

  • So, it's kind of a double whammy of starting to forget and losing that kind of academic mindset we had at school, and missing out on a couple important ones of instruction.

    這有點像是種雙重打擊,我們會開始忘記甚至失去那種在學校學習的思緒,也會錯過某些重要的講課。

  • Particularly for those young kids where we know learning happens at a really fast rate.

    情況在那些小孩子們身上尤其嚴重,因為他們的學習進度通常都很快速。

  • Drawing on existing data from roughly 5 million students in 3rd through 8th grade, Megan Kufeld a research scientist at the Northwest Evaluation Association has been using learning losses typically seen in the summer to forecast how extended school closures could cause significant backslides for students currently struggling to adapt to remote instruction.

    從現有 500 萬名三年級到八年級的資料來看,北西評估中心的研究科學家 Megan Kufeld 從夏季常見的學力流失,預測了此次學校的關閉,可能也會對那些難以適應遠距教學的學生造成嚴重的學力流失。

  • What we saw was pretty alarming.

    現在的情況令人擔憂。

  • Kufeld predicts that for students working through the toughest conditions now, come fall, they could have retained as little as 70 percent of their reading progress and only 50 percent of gains they've made in math.

    Kufeld 預測說,那些情況最糟的孩子,到秋天時可能會忘記三成所學,數學方面則會流失五成所學。

  • Potentially serious secondary consequences of COVID-19, widening the achievement gap between wealthier and lower income students.

    COVID-19 疫情所帶來的另一種潛在傷害,讓富有學童與低收入戶學童的差距逐漸加大。

  • There's a lot of technology limitations.

    有許多的科技限制。

  • We know many at least don't have access to internet or a quiet place for kids to be learning.

    我們知道有許多地方仍沒有網路,也缺乏安靜的場所讓孩子讀書。

  • Already, teachers like Jill Marangoni a special ed teacher in New York, says she sees the signs of students falling behind.

    已經有老師看出異狀,特教老師 Jill Maranon 表示她看見有孩子已經跟不上學業的跡象。

  • Fifth graders that were strong writers in school who would have never turned in anything without editing it first.

    在學校很會寫作的五年級生,他們在交出作業前絕對會好好檢查一遍。

  • You see what the work they're turning in, it's missing capitals.

    但現在你會看到他們繳交的作業出現了許多錯誤。

  • It's missing punctuation, run-on sentences.

    標點符號忘記寫、冗長的句子等。

  • Just lacking that quality that they had at school and that they just don't have now.

    不像他們之前的學校的表現。

  • And it's not just concerned teachers and parents: kids are stressed about school too.

    這不只讓老師與父母感到憂心,有些孩子也覺得很有壓力。

  • I had a second grader say to me, Miss M, do you think I'm going to be allowed to go to 3rd grade.

    有個二年級學生問我:「老師,你覺得我可以升三年級嗎?」

  • Am I doing Okay?

    「我做得還行嗎?」

  • It breaks your heart to think, like, this is what this seven-year-old is thinking.

    聽到這是從一個七歲的孩子口中說出來的話,絕對會傷你的心。

  • While the full extent of any COVID slide remains to be seen, parents like Kristen DeCarlo, a mom of three in Atlanta, says she hopes teachers are ready to adapt to learning losses whenever classrooms finally reopen.

    雖然疫情帶來的學力流失無法避免,亞特蘭大一位三歲小孩的媽媽表示,她希望老師們在學校重新開放時,能夠準備好應對這樣的學力流失。

  • School systems are going to have to pick up and recognize.

    學校系統得趕快認清問題並處理。

  • They can't expect a child from pre-Algebra into Algebra immediately.

    他們不能期許一個孩子直接最初級代數的程度,直接變成能夠會算普通代數。

  • There's going to have to be some remediation.

    這中間還是得需要經過一些過程。

  • Laura Jarrett, CNN, New York.

    CNN 記者 Laura Jarrett,紐約報導。

  • 10 second Trivia

    十秒問答。

  • Which of these words comes from a 16th-century novel about a giant king?

    下列哪個字來自十六世紀一本關於巨人國王的小說?

  • Colossal, gargantuan, prodigious, or brobdingnagian.

    Colossal、gargantuan、prodigious 還是 brobdingnagian?(四個字都有巨大的之意)

  • The first known of gargantuan followed the publication of the French literary character "Gargatua" in the 1500s'.

    Gargantuan 第一次出現在 1500 年代,一個法國文學作品中的角色名。

  • [Researchers are suggesting a new term, "gargantuan," for the hail that fell in this storm].

    [研究者建議用「gargantuan」一詞來稱呼從風暴中落下的冰雹。]

  • [The hailstones reached a diameter as large as 9.3 inches, and may have set a world record].

    [這些冰雹直徑最大可至 9.3 吋,可能已達世界紀錄。]

  • [Hail is formed within thunderstorms when water droplets begin to freeze].

    [冰雹是在大雷雨中形成的,從水滴開始凍結。]

  • [The size of a hailstone is determined by how long it spends in the storm's "updraft"].

    [冰雹的大小取決於它在該風暴的向上氣流待了多久。]

  • [An updraft is an upward current of air].

    [向上氣流指的是往上跑的空氣。]

  • [Researchers do not entirely understand the conditions that lead to a storm capable of producing gargantuan hail].

    [研究者仍未完全清楚是什麼造成如此巨大的冰雹產生。]

  • [The hope is that by studying the storm they can "anticipate and detect such extreme events"].

    [目前只能希望,研究這種風暴能在未來預測、偵測這種極端氣候。]

  • For today's virtual field trip, we're taking you so far off the grid you can't get there by road.

    今天的虛擬戶外教學,我們要帶你們到一個遙遠、沒有路到得到了的地方,

  • And if you think well, I'll just hop on the ferry, even that will take you 45 minutes from the nearest town.

    即使從最近的城鎮搭渡輪前往,也要花上 45 分鐘。

  • Freedom Cove is located off the coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada.

    自由之灣位於加拿大英屬哥倫比亞省的 Vancouver 島岸。

  • It's about 200 miles northwest of Seattle, Washington but worlds away.

    大概是華盛頓州西雅圖的西北上 200 哩遠,一個世外隔絕之地。

  • What do you say to people who just say, this is not a normal of living?

    當有人說「這不是一般人的生活方式」,你會怎麼回答?

  • Thank you very much.

    謝謝你的稱讚。

  • [Floating Off the Grid].

    [在地圖之外,漂流]

  • I'm Katherine, and this is my husband Wayne.

    我是 Katherine,這是我老公 Wayne。

  • And I'm Wayne, and welcome to Freedom Cove.

    我是 Wayne,歡迎來到自由之灣。

  • We live in a secluded cove.

    我們住在這個與世隔絕的小灣。

  • The only options we have to get here is by water.

    到這裡唯一的方法就是走水路。

  • There are no road accesses: The water is our highway.

    這裡沒有道路,水路就是我們的公路。

  • Everything that you see here in our home is floating.

    你在我們家園看到的每一樣東西,都是漂浮著的。

  • We are tied to shore with lines. We are not anchored.

    我們用繩索將自己綁在岸邊,並沒有用錨固定。

  • We have our main living house. We have the dance floor, the lighthouse building, four green houses.

    我們有主要的住宅、還有舞池、燈塔與四座溫室。

  • As I started to grow the garden and make it larger than we had to have more space for that garden.

    當我開始做園藝,並且越做越大時,我們就得空出更多空間給這些花花草草。

  • Everything's done with handsaw and hammer. No power tools.

    所有東西都是手鋸或自己用鐵鎚敲的,完全沒有使用電力工具。

  • I know every board and nail by name.

    我知道每種板子與釘子的名字。

  • It's about 500 tons, 1 million pounds that I'm floating.

    這裡漂浮中的東西,大概有 500 噸,或者是 100 萬磅。

  • I've been building tree forts since I was seven.

    我從七歲起就在打造樹屋。

  • And I said well Dad, I'm putting a tree fort in the ocean.

    我和我爸說,我要放一個樹屋在海上。

  • Do you ever get seasick?

    你會暈船嗎?

  • No, when I go to town, I get land sick.

    不,我到陸上反而才會暈。

  • The thing about living in Clayoquot Sound on the west coast with Vancouver Island is it's the richest biomass on Earth.

    住在這裡最大的好處,就是這蘊藏著豐富的生物量。

  • So the opportunity to fish for dinner is big.

    所以我們常常捕魚來當晚餐。

  • I just can get in my canoe and paddle out and in ten minutes I can catch a fish.

    乘上獨木舟,十分鐘內我就能抓到魚。

  • But when it's windy and too rough out there I can lay on the couch and fish out of the house.

    但如果風很大或海況不好,我躺在沙發上就可以直接從家裡釣魚。

  • I was hoping to make a lot more money as an artist.

    我本來期望可以作為一個藝術家賺很多錢。

  • So subsistence living was our only opportunity to have anything as ours.

    維持生技的生活,是唯一能擁有自己東西的機會。

  • We could never buy real estate so we had to make our own.

    我們永遠買不起房子,所以只能自己蓋。

  • It was a great opportunity to actually move away from the city, to see if we could prosper out here.

    真的搬離城市,是個好機會來看我們在這裡是否也能成功。

  • Now 24 years later, we're still doing it.

    而現在二十四年了,我們仍在這裡。

  • I can't imagine living any other way. I feel completely fulfilled.

    我無法想像其他的生活方式,我覺得生活很充實。

  • That's good honey. That's really nice. I'm working on it.

    很好,寶貝,這很棒,我正在努力。

  • [For more, visit GREATBIGSTORY.com].

    [想看更多,就到 greatbigstory.com]

  • [10 out of 10].

    [來支令人十分滿意的影片吧!]

  • My sports casting abilities are going to the dogs.

    我的運動播報能力,要用在狗狗身上。

  • The gate is up, "Little Stretch" makes a late surge.

    閘門開了,小短腿衝出去了。

  • She's across in a thrilling finish.

    她驚險地完成了比賽。

  • Much more energy than the last heat when "Long Shot" had that tripping problem.

    比有跌倒問題的最後一名「Long Shot」要來得有精力多了!

  • Guess not every dog's a weener.

    看來不是每隻狗都是贏家。

  • But what do professional sports casters do when there are no live games to call?

    但如果沒有現場比賽,專業運動播報員要做什麼?

  • With no opposable thumbs, high risk at this stage... and it's gone, and Mabel takes it.

    沒有對稱拇指,氣氛十分緊張,被奪走了,Mabel 搶走了骨頭!

  • No mercy from the younger dog.

    完全不留情面。

  • Now it's all about the asparagus.

    現在就全看蘆筍了。

  • Courtney's got the angle, she's got the pan... it's outa here!

    Courtney 掌握到角度,她握著托盤了,拿出來了!

  • Asparagus and Potatoes. Asparagus and Potatoes.

    蘆筍與馬鈴薯!

  • (inaudible) the 12-time champion with the trolley. [Sports announcers are narrating daily life during the Covid-19 pandemic].

    (無法辨識) 十二連霸的手推餐車霸主。 [運動播報員在疫情期間播送著自己的日常生活。]

  • How does she keep doing it year after year?

    她是如何每年不斷地稱霸的?

  • Here they come, they complete lap number five.

    牠們來了,完成了第五圈。

  • We've got Lexi in the lead, Louis trying to track her down.

    Lexi 領先中,Louis 試著超前。

  • Here's Louis to the inside - Oh! - Milly gets in the way, they make contact.

    Louis 切到內線道,噢!Milly 擋道路了,發生相撞。

  • [Many sports events have been cancelled, postponed, or run without audiences].

    [許多運動賽事都被取消、延期或者採取無觀眾的方式進行。]

  • Crossroad dash! The light turns to red, we wait for the beeps, there they are, now then, JD Sports man, he's got a decent start.

    十字路口衝刺,準備變成紅燈,等待嗶聲,出發了,JD 運動員,他有個優雅的起跑。

  • Leggings on the outside - oh! -

    Leggings 則在外道,噢!

  • JD Sports man has been distracted over the shoulder and leggings is gonna get there! Oh, she does it again!

    JD 運動員從肩膀被干擾了,Leggings 要抵達了!噢,她又達成了!

  • That's the way to "mic" the best of it.

    這是處理疫情的好方法。

  • When you can't use the press box you could still use your voice box.

    不能用播報席,但還能用自己的喉嚨。

  • When you can't hit the "links" you can still use your larynx.

    不能點擊連結,但還能用喉結。

  • So if you're aiming to "strike a chord" with viewers who can only watch from "phone," you just take a deep breath, make the right call and fans will be vocal in their support.

    若你想要與觀眾產生共鳴,但他們只能用手機看。深呼吸,做出正確的決定,粉絲就會回應你。

  • Aviano Middle High School is in Aviano, Italy, we thank you for your support in commenting on our YouTube channel.

    義大利 Aviano 的 Aviano 中學,謝謝你們的支持與留言。

  • I'm Carl Azuz for CNN.

    我是 CNN 的 Carl Azuz。

Welcome back to CNN 10. I'm Carl Azuz.

歡迎回到 CNN 10,我是 Carl Azuz。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋