Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • I just love this place, don't you?

    我愛透這個地方了,你呢?

  • I know it's kinda expensive, but everything's so top-notch!

    我知道有點貴,但每一樣東西都好讚!

  • Hey folks.

    嗨兩位。想好要點什麼了嗎?

  • You know what you want?

    好了!

  • Yes!

    我要一份房子的頭期款加上救急基金。

  • I'd like to eat the Down Payment on a House, with a side of Flambéed Emergency Fund.

    好選擇。

  • Excellent choice.

    先生那你呢?

  • And for you, sir?

    我很餓,所以我要點一份退休金,跟...管他的,再來一瓶女兒的大學學費!

  • I'm pretty hungry, so I'm gonna have Our Retirement Savings, and... what the heck, a bottle of Our Daughter's College Tuition.

    非常好。

  • Very good.

    你會覺得我們花太多錢在餐廳吃飯嗎?

  • Do you think we spend too much on dining out?

    或許吧...但大家都這樣啊。

  • Maybebut everyone else is doing it.

    而且,不然我們還有其他選擇嗎?

  • Besides, what's the alternative?

    自己煮?

  • Cooking at home?

    至少這個麵包是免費的。

  • At least the breadsticks are free.

    21% 的美國人沒有存退休金,而 10% 的人只有不到 5000 美元。

  • 21% of Americans have no retirement savings, and another 10% have less than $5,000.

    千禧年代更慘,近六成的人完全沒有儲蓄。

  • It's even bleaker for millennials:

    這可能有很多原因:房屋費用增加、健保,當然還有學貸。

  • nearly 6 in 10 have nothing saved at all.

    但對很多人而言,那些費用是固定支出。

  • Now, there are a lot of reasons for this:

    如果你在找可以節流的地方,有一個如湯裡的蒼蠅明顯的地方—外食。

  • the increasing cost of housing, health insurance, and of course, student debt.

    在 2015 年,是美國人史上第一次花在酒吧與餐廳的錢多過於雜貨購物。

  • But for many people, those costs are relatively fixed.

    現在一個家庭平均每年花 3,000 美元吃外食,這大概佔年度總支出的 5 到 7 百分比。

  • If you're looking for practical areas to cut back, one sticks out like a fly in your soup:

    即使餐廳價格比通貨膨脹成長還快,而雜貨價格則相對穩定,甚至有時候會跌。

  • dining out.

    美國人一週平均還是會吃五次外食。

  • In 2015, for the first time in history, Americans spent more money on bars and restaurants than on groceries.

    外食究竟花我們多少錢?

  • With the average household now spending more than $3,000 annually onfood away from home,” representing between 5 and 7 percent of their total spending.

    這個嘛,餐廳通常會以成本價 3 倍來定價餐點,意思是菜單上的價格大約是真正食物花費的 3 倍。

  • Even though restaurant prices are increasing faster than inflation, and grocery prices are holding steadyor even falling!

    看起來很多,但記得,你也在幫餐廳付租金、薪水、設備與管理費用。

  • The average diner is still eating out around 5 times a week.

    所以如果你住在一個房地產在升值的地方,這也會反映在當地餐廳的價格。

  • How much is this costing us?

    而且那甚至還不包含飲品!

  • Well, restaurants typically mark up their food by around 300%, meaning the price on the menu is about 3 times what they actually spent on the food.

    餐廳評鑑指南公司 Zagat 調查顯示,每個人每去一次餐廳平均花超過 36 美元。

  • If that seems like a lot, remember, you're also paying for the restaurant's rent, labor, equipment and overhead.

    如果你一週吃三次餐廳,一年就要花超過 5,600 美元!

  • So if you live in an area where real estate values are increasing, that also applies to the surface area of your local restaurant's tabletops.

    相反地,從市場賣材料自己在家煮,一個人只需花約 4 美元。

  • And that doesn't even include drinks!

    現在你懂為什麼許多理財專員會說外食是一個可以省錢的區塊了吧。

  • A survey by Zagat found that the average restaurant bill per person is over $36.

    你到底可以省下多少錢呢?

  • If you do this just 3 times a week, that's over $5,600 a year!

    現在到了...「算術時間」!

  • By contrast, the average meal cooked at home with groceries from the market is about $4 per person.

    假設說傑克一週出去吃三天晚餐,每次花 35 美元。

  • Now you can see why so many financial advisors focus on dining out as a place to save money.

    他每天早上上班都會買一杯拿鐵配可頌,有四天午餐在食物廣場買 (星期五是公司披薩日)。

  • How much money could you potentially save?

    這一年,他已經花了超過 9,000 美元在買外食-這是超過他整年薪水 75,000 美元的 12%!

  • I think it's time toRun the Numbers!

    那如果傑克一週只出去吃一次呢?

  • Let's say Jake here goes out for dinner 3 times a week, spending $35 each time.

    又如果他在家做咖啡與早餐,再自己做午餐帶去上班?

  • He starts every workday with a latte and croissant at his local coffee shop and buys lunch at the local food court 4 days a week. (Fridays are pizza day at the office.)

    假設在家做的餐點每份成本為 5 美元,那一年下來可以省 4,420 美元。

  • In one year, he's spent over $9,000 on commercially prepared food and drinks--

    已經足夠可以去夏威夷度假了!

  • over 12% of his yearly salary of $75,000.

    但等等,還沒結束!

  • What if Jake could get those 3 dinners down to just one a week?

    如果傑克把這一年省下來的錢放進一個複利 7% 的帳戶裡?

  • And what if he started making coffee and breakfast at home, and brown-bagged lunches at work?

    十年後,他就會有超過 65,000 美元。

  • Assuming that all those homemade meals would come out to around $5 each, that would mean a yearly savings of $4,420!

    已經足夠付一間房的定金了!

  • That's enough for a Hawaiian vacation!

    二十年後,他就會將近 20 萬美金 (約 620 萬台幣)。

  • But wait, we're not done!

    只要常在家吃飯就可。

  • What if Jake took those yearly savings and put them into an account earning 7% compound interest?

    從傑克的例子可以看出,儘管要負擔龐大的健保與學貸,你或許在金錢方面還是能有些空間。

  • In just 10 years, he'd have over $65,000.

    小小減少外食的支出,可以讓你支出龐大的負債或建立救急基金。

  • Enough for a down payment on a house!

    這說得簡單,但很難做到。

  • In 20 years, he'd have almost $200,000!

    許多人吃外食是因為太忙或下班後太累不想自己煮食。

  • All from just eating at home more often.

    也要我們會煮。

  • Jake's example demonstrates that even in an era of burdensome healthcare and student loan obligations, you might have some wiggle-room in your finances.

    而且去餐廳並不只是為了食物本身。

  • Even a small cutback in dining out could allow you to finally pay off an onerous debt or build an emergency fund.

    而是一種社交活動,讓你見見朋友、與同事建立關係,或是在漫長的工作日後放鬆一下。

  • This might be easy advice to give, but harder to put into practice.

    所以我們並不是建議你們「都不要吃外食」。

  • Many of us dine out because we're too busy or tired to cook after a long day of work.

    但如果你想要減少這項支出,首先得分清楚為什麼要花這筆錢。

  • If we know how to cook at all.

    是為了方便還是奢侈?

  • And going to restaurants isn't just about the food.

    如果是為了方便-也就是吃外食的原因是沒有時間在家煮,那問題可能出在於缺乏事前準備。

  • It's a social event

    畢竟煮一壺咖啡跟烤一個貝果的時間,說不定比在星巴克排隊還要短。

  • a place to see your friends, to connect with co-workers, to take the edge off a stressful day.

    還可以省下許多錢。

  • So we're not saying "never go out to eat!"

    網路上有許多資源會教大家怎麼便宜又間單的購物與煮食,就像我們之前出的一支關於逛超市的影片。

  • But if you want to cut down on this expense, you first have to know why you're spending the money in the first place.

    但如果你仍對這些程序感到麻煩,可以利用像 Blue Apron 或 Instacart 的生鮮雜貨外送服務讓你過得輕鬆。

  • Is it a convenience or a luxury?

    這樣絕對比你自己出去買來得貴,但還是比吃外食便宜。

  • If it's a convenience

    在超市使用現金是控制預算的好方法,但如果你想激勵自己,也可以選擇有雜貨消費回饋的信用卡。

  • in other words, if you're eating out because you don't have time to cook at home, well, the problem might just be a lack of preparation.

    在冰箱放一些方便的微波食品也是個好點子。

  • After all, brewing a pot of coffee and toasting a bagel can be less time-consuming than waiting in a Starbucks line.

    如此,在真的不想煮的時候,就有替代方案來避免自己外帶食物或叫外送。

  • And can potentially save you hundreds of dollars.

    然而如果是因為奢侈,也就是你吃外食是為了社交或滿足心理需求,還是有辦法花少一點錢。

  • There are lots of resources on the web for how to make shopping and cooking cheap and simple, including this video we made about navigating the supermarket.

    舉例來說,你可以和朋友分享一份餐點。

  • But if you're still intimidated by the prospect, you could ease yourself into it by utilizing ingredient-or-grocery delivery services like Blue Apron or Instacart.

    餐廳餐點的份量通常會比一般食客的食量要大上許多,因為這讓餐廳更好提高餐點價格。

  • These are definitely more expensive than doing your own shopping, but still cheaper than eating out.

    如果你是為了餐廳的服務與氣氛,分食就可以避免吃太飽帶來的不舒服或是浪費食物。

  • We like to use cash at the supermarket to stay within a budget, but if you're trying to incentivize yourself, you could look into a credit card that gives rewards for grocery purchases.

    如果你有常光臨的餐廳,訂閱他們的電子報或去 Groupon 網站看有沒有什麼優惠也許是個不錯的方法。

  • And it's always a good idea to keep some convenience foods like microwavable dinners in your freezer.

    但要注意,這些「優惠」本來就是想讓你更常去。

  • That way, on days that you really don't feel like cooking, you'll have an alternative to stopping for take-out or ordering in.

    「用餐回饋信用卡」也一樣。

  • On the other hand, if eating out is a luxury

    一不小心,這些策略可能會讓你花更多錢。

  • that is, if you're doing it for social or psychological needsthere still might be ways to achieve that with less spending.

    酒類可說是餐廳最大的暴利來源之一,所以如果你晚餐想要配酒,最好找個可以讓你 BYOB (自己帶酒) 的地方。

  • For instance, you can share an entree.

    同樣地,晚餐後去冰淇淋店,也比在餐廳點甜點要來得便宜許多。

  • Restaurant portions are typically much larger than the average diner's appetite, because it makes it easier for businesses to justify high prices.

    最後,如果你覺得出去買午餐只是一個離開辦公室出去走走的理由,記住,沒人要你在辦公桌前吃飯!

  • If you're there for the service and the atmosphere, you can get that without overeating to the point of discomfort or leaving uneaten food behind.

    希望啦。

  • If you have favorite restaurants you know you visit often, it might be a good idea to sign up for their email lists or check Groupon for details.

    帶著你的午餐到附近的公園或公眾場所吧。

  • But beware that these "bargains" are intended to make you visit more frequently.

    同樣的效果,不一樣的花費。

  • Same goes for "diner's reward cards".

    去餐廳吃飯是我們文化裡的一大部分,也可能是你社交或應酬的一大層面,所以我們並不是想要你突然整個戒掉。

  • If you're not careful, these strategies might actually increase your monthly dining expenses.

    但你在花大錢前一定得問自己三個問題。

  • Alcohol is one of the biggest markups for restaurants, so if you like to have a drink with dinner, you might want to find places that allow you to BYOB.

    我要花多少錢在這個上面?

  • Similarly, going to an ice cream shop after dinner is usually much cheaper than ordering dessert at the table.

    我得到了什麼?

  • And lastly, if you find yourself buying lunch just as an excuse to get out of the office, no one's forcing you to eat at your desk!

    我可以用較少的錢得到一樣的東西嗎?

  • Hopefully.

    而這就是我們的淺見!

  • Take your brown bag to a nearby park or public space.

    你們有去餐廳吃飯又能省錢的秘訣嗎?

  • It's the same psychological benefit without the cost.

    快到留言區跟我們分享吧!

  • Dining out is a big part of our culture, and it might be an important aspect of your social or professional life, so we're not suggesting you cut it out cold turkey.

  • But you shouldn't accept any large, regular expense without asking yourself three fundamental questions.

  • How much am I spending on this?

  • What do I get out of it?

  • Can I get the same benefit for less money?

  • And that's our two cents!

  • Do you have any tips on how to save money while dining out?

  • Go ahead and share them with us in the comments!

I just love this place, don't you?

我愛透這個地方了,你呢?

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋